Thursday, December 6, 2012

Paperwork done..half-marathon finished!

Our paperwork is complete!  I'm not sure which was more grueling to finish- the race to compile the adoption documents or the Thunder Road 1/2 marathon full of rolling hills.  I have to say much to my surprise the latter was much more enjoyable.  The idea of completing a race longer than a 10K has always seemed daunting to me.  Although I've always loved to exercise and go to the gym for classes and such, running long distances has never appealed to me.  I'm so glad I finally decided to bite the bullet and join the marathon craze.  It was so fun to challenge myself and a total boost when I accomplished my weekly goals.  If you've ever thought about doing one, Just Do It!!

So back to our adoption.  Our dossier has been authenticated in the US and is now being sent to Ethiopia to be authenticated.  Once this is complete, we will be on our adoption agency's (West Sands Adoption) wait list.  When we started the process the wait list for an infant was 6-9 months.  Now the wait is estimated to be at 14 months or longer!  I'm bummed about the increase in time but knowing God already has the perfect baby boy picked out just for our family is comforting.

You're blessed when you stay on course, walking steadily on the road revealed by God.  You're blessed when you follow his directions, doing your best to find him.  That's right - you don't go off on your own; you walk straight along the road he set.  You, God, prescribed the right way to live; now you expect us to live it.  Oh, that my steps might be steady, keeping to the course you set. Psalm 119: 1-5


2 comments:

Kristie Jackson said...

Sorry to say that this is the first time I've read your blog in a looonngg time! So great to see the pictures and hear about the half-marathon. I'm feeling like the hounds of running are after me.

And so exciting about another Jackson boy!

Love to YOU!

Walker Crew said...

Way to go my awesome friend!!! What an accomplishment! Can't wait to hear more about the perfect, sweet boy to come. Hugs and love to you all!

Sydney