Monday, June 8, 2009

New Court Date

We have a new court date of June 16th. One week away. If we pass court we will travel July 2nd. I have to admit my patience is starting to falter. Why can't we go get our son? It just doesn't make sense to me right now.

We did get some adorable pictures of our boy. He is growing, looks healthy and is such a cutey pie. He is standing up and trying to walk!! I just can't believe it! He's even had the chicken pox. It's so hard not being the one to hold and comfort him during this time but at the same time I am so thankful for his sweet nanny. We've been told from another family whose son had the same nanny that she is precious and gets really attached to the children she cares for and it is truly hard for her when they leave. How do you thank someone for caring for your child for months?? I'm struggling with this. We are planning to take a special gift for her but I can't decide what to bring her. Any ideas?

This morning Olivia decided it was time to get ready for our baby boy. Tom calls this "nesting" and it cracked me up that our 5 year old was feeling the need today. She diligently washed all of his bottles and we got his pjs and bibs ready to wash. Seeing her excitement and joy reminded me to stay focused on the end prize. Though we've encountered a few bumps along the way, we know God is faithful and we will soon be rejoicing with our sweet boy in our arms.

Until then, we thank you for your continued prayers.

"Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and your plans will succeed." Proverbs 16:3

0 comments: